Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed in car accidents on the roads and highways. The majority of these accidents are caused by commercial trucks. Driver weariness, excessive goods, and malfunctioning trucks can all contribute to truck accidents that result in fatalities. The federal government mandates that commercial trucks must be maintained in good working order and undergo regular inspections and maintenance. By breaking these rules, truckers and the companies that employ them put the safety of other road users at risk.
It’s possible to sue a truck manufacturer if you believe your injuries were caused by a defective vehicle. Learn about your legal options after a truck accident by contacting a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer.
The Factors That Affect the Quality of Trucks
Large trucks have a lot of complicated systems and parts that need to be maintained frequently in order for them to be safe to run. The following are some of the most prevalent causes of a truck accident:
- Tread separation and blowouts are two common tire faults.
- Mirrors that have been shattered
- The wipers on my car are broken.
- Headlights and taillights that don’t work correctly are a red flag.
- Failure of the brakes
- Unstable or falling cargo due to faulty straps and tie downs.
- faulty defrosters
- Faulty connection
- Hydraulic hoses have ruptured.
- Trailers with malfunctioning hitches
- The underride guard rails failed.
- Steering-related problems
- Anti-lock brake failure or truck brake failure that causes a truck to jackknife is a common cause of truck accidents.
- The car parts manufacturer, the truck driver, and the trucking firm may all be held liable for defective trucks.
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries if you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident in Florida.
Bringing a Lawsuit for Damages After a Trucking Accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 275,000 heavy vehicles were involved in incidents in 2010. If a defective truck caused an accident that injured you or a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation and legal action. Damages for medical expenses, lost pay, and property damage may be available to truck accident victims. It is critical that anyone who has been injured in a truck accident obtain legal counsel as soon as possible. It’s best to seek advice from a Florida truck accident lawyer before deciding what line of action to take.
It can be tough to get back to normal following a car accident, and truck accident lawyers understand that. It is the mission of the law company to assist those who have been harmed in truck accidents in rebuilding their lives. It is well-known that their truck accident attorneys hold negligent trucking corporations liable for the harm they inflict.